Thursday 31 December 2009

GRRRR!!!! computer Strife

Okay, so against my better judgement, i bought a gateway computer. Half because I was in a rush and the store was closing but half because it was a great deal, and it was really the best specs of the whole store. Seriously quad core 6 gigs of ram lotsa hard drive space and a good video card - it was a sweet machine! and Windows 7 to boot! Perfect. got it home, didnt work. 2 system restores later and 3 hours on live chat and phone with gateway customer service and these asshats want me to send the fucking thing back to the depot for a repair... its 3 hours OLD! am i going to wait a week and send the thing to the god damn depot or am I going to bring it back to future shop and demand an exchange tomorrow!? So the thing is packed up, I'm taking JUST the computer part back not the monitor and I'm getting it exchanged tomorrow. I'll make em test it in store too. Just to make sure it works.

On the Plus side the Futureshop employee was fantastic. I was glad he got his commission. He gave us a 40$ cable for 5$ (goes to show how hight the mark up is eh?) and I'm sure future shop will exchange it for us no problem. Hopefully I packed it up right.

Another plus (DESPERATELY SEEKING PLUSSES!!) The monitor is STUNNING, STUNNING. its so big (and its so close it seems bigger!) and the buttons to turn it on are not visible as buttons! its a hard plastic case but when you tough the edge it comes on. its brilliant! I love it!

anyways, First thing when Future shop opens tomorrow I'm taking it down there to exchange it.
All will be well :)

No comments:

Post a Comment