Saturday 30 October 2010

This woman is So clever.

Lady: "These books that were on your shelf here and here " *gesturing to the sketchbooks - some colours are 50% off, others are regular price* "I'm going to take them off your hands for 5$ each" (car Salesman tone)
I looked at the shelf noting the MAJORITY of her pile is the colour that is NOT clearance, and thus is actually $12 each, and only about 7 of the ones she had were actually clearance priced
Me: "no, sorry, that's just not going to happen"
Lady "yes, i know how it works, i know about the mark up you have *wink*, so you can give them to me for $5 each"
Me: "...No sorry, I cant. They're already discounted 50% for those ones, and I'm not able to have it go any lower."
lady: *wink wink* "you don't want me to take these all off your hand, so you can get more stock *wink* for 5$ each?"
Me: "No, we wont have trouble clearing our stock. No one here is going to put that price any lower for you. It's already 50% off, it's not going any lower"
Lady: "I'm an accountant, I know how it works. *wink* You can do it for me."
Me: "No I really cant"
Lady: "are you the owner here?"
me: "No I'm the leader in charge today"
Lady: "Oh leader in charge, I like that *wink* it's a good answer"
me: "..."
Lady: "I'd like a call from the owner"
me: "no, it's her day off. That's why I'm here"
Lady: "okay then, Well i guess we wont take them then"
Me:"okay, bye"
Then she told her friend they were going to try across the street.
They bought tape.
They don't sell those books across the street. 

No comments:

Post a Comment