Sunday 3 October 2010

Sleeeepy

So tired D: I've got a nasty cold I'm trying to ignore. I'm doing a lot of life replanning.
Conflagration for one, has taken a back burner for a while while I rethink it. Given the lack of good help from people, and the grisly failure of getting help from the few who do volunteer I am not going to be able to make Conflagration into a film. I'll never be able to make a proper go of it in as a film. I've got high expectations of this project and I desperately want it to turn out extravagantly no matter what medium it's in.

I plan on the trailer still happening and possibly some short animations now and then but I'm leaning towards the full project taking main form in the shape of a comic.

I'm going to slog through Hello, Albertosaurus before I go finalize that thought though. Just so I can see what it's going to entail for a large scale project.
In addition to that, I believe Conflagration would be either trade paperback's or Graphic Novels, possibly multiple issues, and not available online to view.

Frankly, despite poll results saying people want to support artists, the plain and simple fact is people will not buy in print what they can get for free. Daqueran has been a good experiment for us. It's got a pretty decent on-line reader base, many people are passionate about it, but the sales don't reflect the number of readers at all. I know most people can't afford to purchase them, that's understandable, but every reader can't be so poor.

Both Conflagration and Hello, Albertosaurus will be print only with most likely a 1 chapter preview, or something like that. I wouldn't be able to put the amount of work Kitty puts into Daqueran just to give it away like that. I'll come up with supplemental comics to give away for free on-line, but big projects we can't afford to make a loss on every single one. So enjoy (and support) Daqueran while it lasts.

As we make more convention appearances with more comics, hopefully this will increase reader bases of all our comics and improve this.
Anyway, none of this is official announcements on the status of things with GK studios, just me rambling on and on.

My Digi stamps are going well so far I think!
I've made a few sales, and my blogs getting to be popular (not compared to other blogs, but comparing to the last few days of growth). I'm pretty pleased with that. Give me reason to break out the drawings more often!

I've updated the layouts on most of the blogs - gurukitty studios & marker guru most notably.
eventually I'll tackle this ugly one too.

bed time... realz.

No comments:

Post a Comment