Monday 19 July 2010

the internet

WOW! I was just reflecting on how LONG I've been on the internet, and one Point of reference I have for my time is when I created the Quilting bee. Some of you might know it. It's a cutesy little thing that expanded into a really big sort of social network. I created it Feb 18th 2000.
That is 10 ...nearly 11 years ago!
I remember having to give it up to people who could maintain it full time because I was graduating from high school and didn't have time to manage the hundreds of submissions coming in. The quilting bee being handed over to Kimi was one of my last real ventures with playful website making. I was well into making my comics, and we registered our first domain name for what would become our studio around that time.

But wow... It's almost 11 years old! blows my mind. I remember Geocities coming out and popping up websites all the time on there. If I recall correctly, I had around 6 websites on the go at any given time.
Tub Bunny, The itty bitty kitty trailer, Guru's magical pencil, CopyCat jail (vigilante justice!).. Oh those were the days! Tables, and iframes, and all that crappy html stuff that was so wonderfully fun to do :D
We recently found and old account dated (last update) 1996... HHAA! Bad anime omg :B
We used to scan all our sailor moon pictures from our comics and post them on the internet. I remember saying to my friends that there was a "serious lack in good sailor moon pictures on the world wide web". HAHA! Oh the irony, now there is too much! I also remember a nasty little hand held scan man scanner!

SOFTWARE REQUIREMENTS: Windows 3.0
RESOLUTION: 100, 200, 300, 400 dpi
MAXIMUM SCANNING WIDTH: 4.13 inches
GRAY-SCALE LEVELS: 16, 64, or 256
SOFTWARE INCLUDED: ANSEL, Windows 3.0-based image editing/scanning software; also DOW-based scanning-only software with restricted features.

:lmao:
I remember straining to meet those requirements! LOL

It's funny how nothing has really changed about websites, designing and all that. It's just trending styles. Pixels out, reflections in. what trends will be next?
I've been LOL'ing for a half hour googling these things! I think i still have a ribbon from our dot matrix printer too!
I'm not old, Technology just moves fast, and having a Dad that was a tech junkie helped!

ANd going through DOS to play Duke Nukem
c:\run\dukenukem

something like that... I don't remember.

Bed time! :rofl:

No comments:

Post a Comment