Wednesday 7 July 2010

canvas roll WOUND

I dunno if anyones ever seen the large canvas rolls where you buy canvas by the foot? they have 150feet of canvas on them and some of them can weight... well A LOT!

Margot and I were trying to put one of these rolls up on the rack today.
of course it was a heavy weight (10 Duck canvas) and it was a monsterous roll.
so we got it on on the table, shoved the pole through the spool and we lifted it up alright, but when it came to getting it in the slots, we were both about 2cm too short, and we couldn't do it!
it slipped and dropped and I caught the pole as it fell through the middle, but my arm was leaning on the edge of the notch (which is an L shaped piece of metal) and the weight of the canvas roll pulling on my arms forced it down on the metal and it made a nasty gash on my arm.
It's only 1.5cm long but keep in mind it was created with PRESSURE on a BLUNT (but kinda pointy) piece of metal.
That's the kinda pain I don't like.
It looked Super nasty when it was new, and it was really deep. It's had butterfly band-aids on it for a while and wrapped in gauze. It looks much better now, but man it touches Everything and stings like a bitch.

Another delightful scar, in a few weeks. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment