Saturday 13 June 2009

Lonsdale Block Party

So the other day Ann asked me of I wanted to Paint on a big canvas for a charity thing on Saturday. I said sure, not really knowing what it was, then at the staff meeting Ann said that i was a features Graffiti Artist at the RDS (Skate Shop) Block party. OH really :B

My Painting will be sold at a charity Auction. There will be a website I'll link to as soon as I get that information. I hope it sells :D
It was done on a 46" x 60" Canvas, using only Plutonium spray paint.
I have NEVER used spray paint before LOL! I'm so surprised and quite pleased with how well I did, considering... you know... I love to experiment :D

My left hand is terribly sore. TERRIBLY! I have a big bruise on the base of my index finger from trying to smash the caps on the ground to open them (as per the instructions on the can, where they expect you to pop the tops by slapping the top on the can, but it takes several whacks on concrete!) and my index finger is bruised from the actual pushing of the caps to spray! Holy heck. I think it will be pretty sore tomorrow too. I was painting for around 6 hours with only minimal breaks. I'm surprised I didn't get heat stroke. I was in direct sun the whole time.

anyways, hope you like it!
I got a 25$ gift card to opus for my painting so I'm going to get some Pro markers and some letraset paper since we have discontinued all the Letraset stuff at the store, I have to grab what I can :(

No comments:

Post a Comment